Friday, January 23, 2009

hot dog cake...?

My day yesterday...So it was my little brother's 8th birthday! I ussually make his cake and last year I made him a hamburger cake as he wanted.

This year his request was "A HOT DOG CAKE".
Odd as it sounds, I thought, hey, this may be possible. After contemplating it for some time, I knew how I was going to put it together, but I was still weary of how I was going to make a hot dog color with frosting. I got up and got the cake out of the freezer and cut it into thirds lengthwise. I turned each side and the middle upward and then squiched them together. Not hard AT all! Then was the fun part of frosting it... I made the hot dog color frosting with lots of red, some yellow, a drop of blue and a drop of green. Weird as it may seem, it worked. And I was quite excited with the finished product. So excited that I took a picture and will happily post it for everyone to see!
Jack with his cake









They love aunt Jordyn!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I though t I already left a comment on this...guess not...It looks awesome!!! your an awesome sis!