Monday, March 23, 2009

Back to...NORMAL...whatever that is

So Steve had 5 days away from us and spent it with friends up 8 hours North fishing. Fun for him, and we are happy that he caught his biggest fish ever! 39 inches long, 18 inches around. He brought home 5 Steehead and that was the biggest one! It's bigger than Nathan, and almost as big as Nicole! Good thing we have a big freezer.

now that he's home and back to his normal work schedule, we are home doing the same ol' things...cleaning house and doing laundry...woo hoo!

Funny story from this weekend:
We stayed with Steve's parents since Jarom and Nina and Xander were up visiting. Nicole was exhausted from lack of sleep and was in desperate need of a nap on Sunday. I was laying with her trying to get her to relax, and she was stubbornly trying to get out of taking a nap. She'd come up with all the excuses to get up. (go potty, give grandma a hug, she was hungry, needed a drink...etc...) One time she wanted to see grandma and I said, "No, she is busy."
"What is she doing?" Nicole asked.
"She's helping Fabiola (this is their exchange student from Venezuela) crochet." I responded.
And Nicole, being the smartie pants she is, said, "Crochet? What's that? Spanish homework?"
I don't know where this came from, but it was so funny. I tried not to laugh and quickly explained it to her.

The things they come up with.....

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the things kids say! cute!!

Brecca said...

She is so SMART!! It's always fun to be with you and your family. I love that our kids are close in age and can see each other so often.